For those who love and want to share the magic of Westwind with others, check out our “Roost” volunteer program.
After applying and successfully attending trainings, volunteers sign up for days to help out at Westwind as a site host for our different rental groups. Volunteers stay in our cabin affectionately known as “The Roost,” and provide assistance and information to the group or groups on-site.
Possible duties from the Roost:
- Rental group check-in
- Site orientation
- Hospitality and clean-up
- Store sales
- Clerical work
- Site work
If you are interested in learning more about the Roost Program, please email Janette Kunkel at email@example.com and put “Roost” in the subject line.
Family Camp Teen Babysitter Volunteers
During Westwind’s Family Camps, babysitter volunteers play a huge role! This is a great opportunity to spend time at Westwind while at the same time gaining experience working with children!
Roles as a volunteer babysitter:
- Helping summer staff with Color Groups (activity groups made up of children of a similar age)
- Babysitting in cabins in the evenings (may entail bed time routines, reading stories, playing games, etc.)
- Sitting with families at meals and helping with camp meal time routines
- Babysitting during activity blocks (families may sign up for a babysitter during daytime activity blocks)
- Singing camp songs and performing with campers at talent shows and campfires
Applications are posted through your camp account. Please sign into your camp account (may need parental or guardian help to be signed in). You will find the application located in the ‘Document Center’ found under the ‘Additional Options’ tab. Applications are found in the left column under ‘Online Forms’.
All applicants must be at least 14 years of age by July 6, 2018.
Please feel free to contact Austin (‘Daks’) with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.