Seasonal Site Assistant
The Seasonal Site Assistant will assist in the maintenance and repair of the camp’s buildings, grounds, equipment and other facilities consistent with the mission and established policies and procedures of the camp. Daily tasks will include monitoring the camp’s trash, recycling and composting systems; stocking necessary supplies such as paper towels, soap and other consumables; filling out and responding to work orders as needed; and other duties as assigned by the Site Manager. As the Summer Site Assistant, you will live onsite at Westwind and participate in the camp community.
Dates: April 24th through November 30th, 2023
Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must pass a background check
- Must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working closely with others.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, dig, load, repair, clean, walk considerable distances through sandy, steep and rough terrain.
- Ability to keep track of multiple simultaneous ongoing projects.
- Self starter and organizer.
- Ability to accept guidance, direction and supervision.
- Proficiency in the safe and proper use of hand tools, power equipment and tools, and building materials.
- Ability to understand and implement safety regulations and procedures.
- Ability to safely drive camp vehicles including light trucks, and all terrain vehicles.
- Must be willing to live in a camp setting and occasionally work irregular hours.
- Operate with daily exposure to the sun and heat and other environmental conditions.
Please review the full job description for more information.
Seasonal Site Assistant Job Description 3.20.23
Ready to Apply?
IMPORTANT: You must create an account to apply or log into a current account. Click on the "New User" button to create an account.
Once you have logged into your camp account or created a new account, you will find the application located in the ‘Document Center’ found under the ‘Additional Options’ tab. Applications are found in the left column under ‘Online Forms’. Please fill out the application that applies to you completely and follow further instructions for resumé uploading. Applications will not be reviewed until the application is fully completed and the resumé has been uploaded.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Westwind provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.