We Love CAMP!
Today is a day set apart to share our love for camp. Not just Westwind, although we are biased that we have the best and most amazing camp but to share the love of the camp experience. We love camp because we get to see people reconnect with one another and and spend time in the outdoors. Westwind embraces diversity, encourages community and loves seeing campers exploring the world around them.
Campers Love Camp!
You can look at the pictures and see the pure joy on campers faces as they kayak for the first time or sit and watch the sunset with their new friends or cook their dinner over a fire. When we ask campers why they love camp we get response like;
“I love my counselors”
“I love being creative at camp”
“I love the food!”
“I love exploring at camp.”
“I love meeting new friends.”
“I love going hiking!”
Staff Love Camp!
Many of the staff have been campers before becoming staff members. Summer staff talk about wanting to create the magic they experienced as campers and consider this a privilege. Where else do you see young adults scrubbing dishes for 175 people singing and laughing and never once complaining? The personal growth we see in camp staff is hard to describe or measure but we see it and hear it from them. They feel better prepared for college because they have learned how to live in a community. Camp staff love camp because they feel like their best and most authentic self at camp.
For the Love of Camp!
Don’t miss the chance to come to Westwind and be reminded why you love camp!
- March 10-12 Spring Stewardship Weekend-come help love on camp by doing work projects; building, cleaning, organizing, trailblazing and cooking
- June 24 Visitors Day! Westwind is open to anyone and everyone with a grill out lunch. Camp staff are onsite leading activities, meeting campers, leading hikes, archery, kayaking and more.
- June 25-August 25 Summer Camp sessions each week and weekend for Youth, Teens and Families.
- September 6-8 Fall Friends & Family Camp: A weekend to breathe, play, relax, connect and see the beautiful Oregon Coast in the fall
- November 3-5 Mushroom Camp: Join us for our second annual Mushroom Camp. Foraging,identifying and cooking with Mushrooms are all a part of this unique adult camp experience.