Dear Westwind Community,
We are closely monitoring information and recommendations surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) as it relates to our region and are keeping the safety of our campers and guests at the forefront of our concerns. We will continue to monitor the progression of the virus and follow any recommendations of the CDC, Oregon Health Authority, and American Camp Association, and while we do not anticipate a significant disruption, we will keep you informed of any news or changes as it relates to any of Westwind’s upcoming events or programs. In regards to the upcoming Stewardship Weekend, we have cancelled the weekend’s activities.
We are committed to doing everything we can to continue to make your Westwind experience enjoyable, and have regular cleaning protocols in place for guests and staff use of our facilities. In addition, we have committed to raise our usual standards of cleanliness and health safety even higher. Lastly, we will continue to work hard at making Westwind a fully inclusive and accepting place; bullying or any type of harassment that may be tied to the COVID-19 outbreak will not be tolerated.
As a result we are:
- Ensuring common area and dining surfaces cleaning protocols are closely followed by guests. Additional cleaning protocols have been added and will be conducted by staff between guest groups.
- Ensuring hand soap and paper towels are well stocked and available in handwashing areas and restrooms.
- Adding hand sanitizing stations throughout camp and available in each cabin.
- Providing disinfecting wipes in cabins and throughout camp to encourage guests to clean nearby surfaces they come in contact with.
- Providing disinfecting spray in each cabin for guests to sanitize mattresses between users.
- Frequently cleaning public touch points such as handles and doorknobs in commonly used areas.
For rental group leaders:
If you will be at Westwind with an upcoming rental group and have questions, please review your rental contract in advance of your stay. If you have questions or concerns please contact Taina Meadow, Guest Services Manager at Taina@westwind.org. In addition, please ensure that any group members that may be feeling unwell stay home, and please clearly inform all group members the cleaning expectations during your stay which are outlined in the contract and additional information provided in this memo.
For camp reservations:
As it stands we do not anticipate a disruption to summer camp programming, however if you are concerned or have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Laura Chase, Program Director at Laura@westwind.org.
Lastly, thank you for your patience and understanding during this uncertain time. If you still have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Emily Gilliland, Interim Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westwind Board and Staff