Stewardship at Westwind means conserving the landscape and living lightly. It means sweeping cabins and cleaning the common spaces. It means chipping in with dishwashing, wiping down tables and leading a beach clean-up. It means a lot of volunteer work around the site, during programs and throughout the year. It means Westwind’s many supporters donating time, money and wisdom to the forever-project of keeping Westwind strong, healthy and wild.
Stewardship opportunities for volunteer and service learning include:
- Volunteer (during summer camp and throughout the year in the Westwind office)
- Stewardship Weekends (open to all; Spring and Fall weekends – please register!)
- Site Projects (service learning for schools and other non-profits; group projects for private groups and retreats)
- Babysitting (during family camps)- Applications are posted on your camp account in the Document Center.
- Roosting (volunteer site host)
- Board and Committee service
Finally, stewardship at Westwind means conserving the landscape and living within the commitments and parameters set forth in the Cascade Head Scenic Research Act (CHSRA) and the Westwind Conservation Plan (based on the conservation easement held by the Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board).
Please call Westwind directly with further questions about volunteering, giving and practicing/promoting stewardship! 541-994-2383