Hiring February through November 2024!
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2024
Are you passionate about food service and want to work at the Oregon Coast in a camp community setting? Westwind is looking for a qualified candidate to join our team of dedicated kitchen staff as a lead cook. The lead cook position is responsible for planning a and preparing regular meals, as well as serving in a leadership role on our small team. Our kitchen runs 7 days a week, catering to Outdoor School programs, youth summer camp, weekend programming, and private rental groups.
Well-qualified candidates will be excited about working around adults and youth of all ages, capable of working with a diverse team of co-workers, and will bring a growth-oriented mindset to their professional life. Some professional training will be provided throughout the year.
Contract: Full-time/Seasonal (February 1st, 2024 – November 25th, 2024)
Now offering up to $750 in seasonal bonuses!
Kitchen staff at Westwind will receive a $250 bonus after the completion of the spring, summer, and fall seasons.
Westwind Lead Cook
- Lead kitchen staff in preparation of meals, snacks, and pack-out food (be a shift lead and coach/support other shift leads as needed)
- Assist in routine sanitation of the kitchen and related equipment.
- Work with the Kitchen Manager to plan nutritionally balanced menus for campers, students, staff, volunteers, and other guests.
- Serve as the acting Kitchen Manager when needed.
- Ability to work with and mentor a variety of skill levels in the kitchen.
- Assist with inventory and ordering of food and kitchen supplies.
- Promote practices that reduce waste, reuse items, and recycle as much as possible.
- Must have current Oregon Food Handlers card, ServSafe preferred.
- Culinary Degree or commensurate work experience.
- Professional knowledge of commercial food preparation and serving, storage of food, and sanitation.
- Enthusiasm to work in a rustic camp environment with youth, families, and other diverse communities.
- Leadership experience in a commercial kitchen setting.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds, including unloading food, carrying trays of dishes, and lifting supplies and equipment as needed.
- Visual ability to identify and respond to environmental hazards.
- Physical ability to operate kitchen equipment according to safe recommended methods.
- Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while standing for long periods of time (60 minutes or more).
- Determine cleanliness of dishes, food surfaces, and kitchen area.
Please email Allison Watts at email@example.com for more information.
Ready to Apply?
IMPORTANT: You must create an account to apply or log into a current account. Click on the “New User” button to create an account. Once you have logged into your camp account or created a new account, you will find the application located in the ‘Document Center’ found under the ‘Additional Options’ tab. Applications are found in the left column under ‘Online Forms’. Please fill out the application that applies to you completely and follow further instructions for resumé uploading. Applications will not be reviewed until the application is fully completed and the resumé has been uploaded.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Westwind provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.