Fall Friends & Family Camp
This all-inclusive three day/ two night camp in the Fall is for families, couples, groups of friends, or individuals of any age looking to get away from it all!
Unique to Fall Camp!
- Nature hikes to spot mushrooms, returning salmon, resident elk and deer, and migrating gray whales
- Fall Family Festival at Camp on Saturday night – games, booths, prizes, fall feast and a talent show
- Weather permitting, family crab and canoe trip in the estuary
Fall Friends & Family camp has all of the typical Westwind family camp programming, including:
- Family Activity time – go to arts & crafts, canoe & kayak, challenge course, Gaga ball, and various other camp activities together as a family. This is the heart and soul of family camp, even though there are other times when parents and children can go off and do their own things (see
- Color Groups – kids only activity groups
- Parent/Adult Activity time – get a message, do a regular camp activit, hike with some other parents, or just steal away to read a book. Color groups happen at same time.
- Babysitters – volunteer babysitters (many are counselors-to-be) will do activities and supervise your child while you schedule time for yourself of with other parents/adults. They also read stories,
, wonderful staff, delicious food and a site like no other.
Dates: October 5-7, 2018 (Friday to Sunday)
Crossing at Knight Park is at 4pm Friday afternoon; parking at Beaver Pond is available; Westwind will bring all gear in by truck.
Fee: $190 for adult / $140 for child
Ages 3 and up
Camperships (financial aid) available
Family Camp Teen Babysitter Volunteers
During Westwind’s Family Camps, babysitter volunteers play a huge role! This is a great opportunity to spend time at Westwind while at the same time gaining experience working with children!
Roles as a volunteer babysitter:
- Helping summer staff with Color Groups (activity groups made up of children of a similar age)
- Babysitting in cabins in the evenings (may entail bed time routines, reading stories, playing games, etc.)
- Sitting with families at meals and helping with camp meal time routines
- Babysitting during activity blocks (families may sign up for a babysitter during daytime activity blocks)
- Singing camp songs and performing with campers at talent shows and campfires
Applications are posted through your camp account. Please sign into your camp account (may need parental or guardian help to be signed in). You will find the application located in the ‘Document Center’ found under the ‘Additional Options’ tab. Applications are found in the left column under ‘Online Forms’.
All applicants must be at least 14 years of age by July 6, 2018.
Please feel free to contact Austin (‘Daks’) with any questions at email@example.com.
**At this time babysitting is full for Summer 2018. If applicants still wish to apply in the event space opens up, please feel free to follow the instructions for applying above.