To ensure the safety of all our guests and staff, Westwind will be providing strict sanitation and cleaning protocols.
Masks, gloves and social distancing will be observed at all times.
Join the Westwind Team!
We are seeking enthusiastic and qualified candidates to apply for the following positions!
Site Manager full-time, year-round, exempt (NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION)
Are you passionate about working outside?
Do you have experience with facilities and maintenance?
Do you enjoy working with people of all ages and backgrounds?
The Site Manager is responsible for the technical management of Westwind’s facilities, equipment, and landscape. The Site Manager plans and coordinates the development, maintenance, upkeep, cleaning, and repair of the camp’s 29 buildings, 529 acre grounds, equipment, and other facilities consistent with the mission and established policies and procedures of Westwind.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that Westwind Site and facilities are in compliance with American Camp Association (ACA), OSHA, state, local and other government regulations.
- Supervise and coordinate service learning groups, volunteers, and site management staff, to ensure appropriate coverage for operations. This includes the maintenance and improvement of the camp’s buildings, equipment, vehicles and other facilities.
- Responsible for physical and digital documentation of maintenance records, invoices, contracts, and ongoing site projects. Coordinates with the Executive Director about pertinent documents that should be filed at Portland office.
- Maintains positive working relationships with contractors, vendors, local authorities Westwind staff, and volunteers.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated skills in road maintenance, plumbing, septic, electrical, carpentry, grounds keeping, tree logging, as well as repair and maintenance of machinery (including tractors, tools, etc.)
- 5 years prior facilities management experience preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication.
- On site residence strongly preferred.
- Welding experience or other specialized skills preferred.
- Excellent time management.
- Current first aid and CPR.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- US Coast Guard Captain’s License Preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- 40-50k pay range
- Health insurance including vision and dental
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- SEP/IRA matching
- Program discounts available
- Mileage reimbursement
- Onsite housing
Complete applications review will begin on July 24th. Position open until filled.
All are welcome to apply for work at Westwind!
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Westwind provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.