Fall at Westwind brings a fantastic flush of edibles, including matsutake, chanterelles, porcinis, chicken of the woods, oysters and lobsters (the mushroom variety!).
Upon foraging at Westwind for a day and finding over 125 species, David Arora called Westwind a “Mushroom Safari.”
Join mycologists, cooks, and aficionados for a weekend of foraging, identification, discussions with mushrooms. All levels of experience (or inexperience) welcome. Dogs are not allowed. Minimum age is 18 years old.
We are excited to welcome new and returning expert mycologists and speakers to this year’s Mushroom Camp Weekends!
Please note that lodging is shared. We offer rustic cabins that sleep up to 9 guests with bathrooms located nearby.
Featured 2023 Mycologists:
- Field study and collection of notable mushroom species
- Instruction on proper identification
- Discussion of wild collection/crafting with mushrooms
- A mushroom-focused menu and recipes to take home
- Talks on mushroom history, other fungus topics, and conservation
- Workshops on inoculation, dyeing, fluorescent fungi, lichen, mushroom cuisine, and other fun topics
Other activities while at Westwind:
- Tide pooling
- Nature-focused activities
Mushroom Camp starts Friday afternoon and ends Sunday afternoon.
Cost: $450 per person and includes food, lodging, workshop materials, mushrooms, and instruction. Financial assistance (campership) available. Visit our Campership page for more information.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Download the 2023 Mushroom Camp Handbook for a packing list and more information about the weekend.