5th Annual Welcome the Salmon Home Event!
Sunday, September 9, 2018
1-5pm Open to the public
Meet at Knight Park for Crossing
Pre-registration is not required but highly recommended. Save time and register online.
Suggested donation = $10 (donate here or anytime during the event)
NOTE: Westwind is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit and all donations are tax-deductable.
Gather at Westwind’s waterfront along the Salmon River and celebrate the return of chinook and coho salmon after their multi-year lives in deep waters along the Northwest Pacific Coast. Celebrate and learn more about salmon’s key role in upholding biodiversity and how this connects with Westwind’s mission of conservation, education, and sustainability.
- Boat/canoe Tours of the Salmon River Estuary
- Learning about the Salmon Cycle
- Art activities, including Gyotaku
- Open Fire Salmon Bake tasting & refreshments
- Citizen Science Demonstrations led by Oregon Shores CoastWatch
- Hikes & Tours
All activities start at 1pm and end at 5pm. Ferries will be crossing to/from Westwind and Knight Park every half hour.
See you at the River!