Hiring now for Summer 2022!
The Summer Site Assistant will assist in the maintenance and repair of the camp’s buildings, grounds, equipment and other facilities consistent with the mission and established policies and procedures of the camp. Daily tasks will include monitoring the camp’s trash, recycling and composting systems; stocking necessary supplies such as paper towels, soap and other consumables; filling out and responding to work orders as needed; and other duties as assigned by the Site Manager. As the Summer Site Assistant, you will live onsite at Westwind and participate in the camp community.
Dates: June 6th through August 20th, 2022
Application Deadline: May 15th, 2022
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working closely with others.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, dig, load, repair, clean, walk considerable distances through sandy, steep and rough terrain.
- Ability to keep track of multiple simultaneous ongoing projects.
- Self starter and organizer.
- Ability to accept guidance, direction and supervision.
- Proficiency in the safe and proper use of hand tools, power equipment and tools, and building materials.
- Ability to understand and implement safety regulations and procedures.
- Ability to safely drive camp vehicles including light trucks, and all terrain vehicles.
- Must be willing to live in a camp setting and occasionally work irregular hours.
- Operate with daily exposure to the sun and heat and other environmental conditions.
Please review the full job description for more information. Send application (fill-able PDF link below) and resume to Duncan Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org.