Westwind is currently looking for someone to join our team as our Development Director. This individual ideally brings knowledge and experience in expanding our donor database and community engagement. If you are passionate about education conservation and youth development that is a plus!
This position is based in Portland Oregon and does require occasional travel to the Oregon coast.
Position title: Development Director
Classification: Full-time Exempt
Compensation: Pay range $60-66K. We offer health insurance including dental and vision, EAP, Employer Match SEP/IRA, Paid sick leave, vacation leave, program discounts, and mileage reimbursement
Essential Job functions:
- Major Gifts & Donor Development: Secure major gifts and increase development around Westwind’s three funding targets (camperships, assets, programs)
- Grant Writing: Identify potential grants, write letters of interest, complete applications, and coordinate grant fulfillment and reporting
- Communications: Develop a comprehensive communications plan to share Westwind stories, mission, and impact with alumni (staff, campers, students and other user groups), donors, volunteers, and general public
- Outreach & Event Coordination: Work with staff and volunteers to promote Westwind’s mission and impact, and to celebrate/fundraise through appropriate scale events
- Strong commitment to understanding outdoor education, conservation and youth enrichment
- 3-years minimum experience in fundraising; knowledge of fundraising landscape preferred
- Strong strategic planning, development and implementation experience
- 2 years minimum grant writing experience
- 2-5 years experience stewardship of grant funded projects
- Ability to manage projects logistics and budgeting
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven track record of major gift solicitation
- Strong knowledge of best practices in fundraising, donor relations and annual giving
- excellent organizational skills – scheduling, communication, documentation, etc.
- Commitment to encouraging diversity and equity through recruitment engagement and learning
- Ability to navigate multiple departments needs with conflicting priorities
Complete job description linked below
Please review full job description for more information, Send application (fill-able PDF link above) cover letter, and resume to Andy Lindberg at Andy@westwind.org
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
Position open until filled.