Mushroom Camp: November 5-7, 2021
Sign up for our email list to be notified when registration opens!
Westwind is located within Oregon’s coastal rain forest and it is always mushroom season!
Fall at Westwind brings a fantastic flush of edibles, including matsutake, chanterelles, porcinis, chicken of the woods, oysters and lobsters (the mushroom variety!).
Upon foraging at Westwind for a day and finding over 125 species, David Arora called Westwind a “Mushroom Safari.”
Join mycologists, cooks, and aficionados for a weekend of foraging, identification, discussions with mushrooms. All levels of experience (or inexperience) welcome. Dogs are not allowed. Minimum age is 18 years old.
We are excited to welcome new and returning expert mycologists and speakers to this year’s Mushroom Camp Weekends! Instructors to be introduced soon.
- Field study and collection of notable mushroom species
- Instruction on proper identification
- Discussion of wild collection/crafting with mushrooms
- A mushroom-focused menu and recipes to take home
- Talks on mushroom history, other fungus topics, and conservation
Other activities while at Westwind:
- Tide pooling
- Nature-focused activities
Mushroom Camp starts Friday afternoon and ends Sunday afternoon.
Cost: $375 per person and includes food, lodging, workshop materials, mushrooms, and instruction.
Email email@example.com with questions.